The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW reintroduced Network Meetings in early 2017 across Greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong where service provider members and non-members and their fellow owners and business decision-making directors can come together and discuss sector issues that impact on their childcare services, building collegial local communities of like-minded service providers.
Depending on demand, ACA NSW can conduct more Network Meetings in other cities, suburbs and towns or on-line, subject to the Executive Committee’s approval.
What would be discussed at Network Meetings:
The main issue that will be discussed is the introduction of the Federal Government's new Child Care Subsidies (beginning 2 July 2018). In particular:
- how will childcare service providers calculate their new fees
- how will parents calculate their new subsidies
- what are the rules and exceptions in order to gain the maximum amounts of subsidies
- what tools are available
Through the Australian Childcare Alliance, ACA NSW will present its Members-Only tool (the “Flexible Accessibility and Affordability Advisory Tool” created by PriceWaterhouseCoopers). This tool will allow ACA NSW Member service providers to explore alternative, more flexible sessional charging practices that may need to be considered as a result of the new Child Care Subsidies (CCS). The tool uses a simple Excel interface that can be downloaded onto the ACA NSW Member's desktop. It is also be easy to use and navigate, allowing ACA NSW Members to explore comparisons in revenue pre and post implementation of the CCS.
Other topics that will also be covered Network meetings typically include:
- Proposals to Government: ACA NSW's submission to address childcare oversupply, an easier Enhanced Approval Process, a fairer Assessment & Rating, Payroll Taxes, Teacher Qualifications, and more.
- Better Certificate III and Diploma courses: via Early Education and Care College (EECC) (powered by Kool Kids)
- Legal Names Synchronisation Request: Dealing with the Federal Department of Education and the NSW’s Enhanced Approval Process
- Lifting Our Game: An update on states/territories governments’ push for additional Commonwealth funding for an additional year of Universal Access for 600 hours for 4 year olds in a preschool program
- Wage Increases: An update on Fair Work Commission and the unions’ application to increase wages (eg by 39%-72% for educators and up to 59% for teachers)
- General Update: ATO’s Single Touch Payroll; proposed reforms for Discretionary Trusts; the new Notifiable Breach Scheme and existing Privacy Laws
There may also be limited presentations by ACA NSW’s sponsors.
Who will normally be presenting:
- Lyn Connolly, President, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
- Chiang Lim, CEO, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
Ticket Prices (to cover costs)
- ACA NSW Members: Free
- Non-Members: $20 inc GST per person
Upcoming Network Meetings:
|Monday, 21 May 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Central Coast||Register|
|Monday, 4 June 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Coffs Harbour||Register|
|Monday, 18 June 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Parramatta||Register|
|Monday, 9 July 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Blacktown||Register|
|Monday, 23 July 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Wollongong||Register|
|Monday, 6 August 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Chatswood||Register|
|Monday, 20 August 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Sutherland||Register|
|Monday, 3 September 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Newcastle||Register|
|Monday, 17 September 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Central Coast||Register|
|Monday, 8 October 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Coffs Harbour||Register|
|Monday, 22 October 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Parramatta||Register|
|Monday, 5 November 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Blacktown||Register|
|Monday, 19 November 2018, 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm||Wollongong||Register|