Have you missed any of the 10 Network Meetings/Special Network Meetings held so far in 2017?
The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW reintroduced Network Meetings where service provider members and non-members and their fellow owners and business decision-making directors can come together and discuss sector issues that impact on their childcare services, building collegial local communities of like-minded service providers.
Depending on demand, ACA NSW can conduct more Network Meetings in other cities and towns or on-line subject to the Executive Committee’s approval.
What would be discussed at Network Meetings:
The current issues that typically would be discussed include:
- Childcare oversupply and the proposed new SEPP
- The Federal Parliament’s Jobs for Families (childcare reform) proposal to increase/change subsidies and rebates (starting 1 Jul 2018)
- The Education Council’s proposed amendments to the National Quality Framework (including reducing the standards from 18 to 15, and quality areas from 53 to 40) (to start 1 Oct 2017 and 1 Feb 2018)
- Childcare Rorts
- Fair Work Commission’s consideration of the Equal Remuneration Order and the Review of the Modern Awards
- Labour shortages
- Universal Access funding beyond December 2017
- The future of the Long Daycare Centre Professional Development Program (LDCPDP) funding beyond 30 June 2017
- NSW’s Assessment and Rating process
- NSW’s new Service Provider Application process
There may also be limited presentations by ACA NSW’s sponsors.
Who will typically be presenting:
- Lyn Connolly, President, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
- Chiang Lim, CEO, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
When and Where are these upcoming Network Meetings:
- Monday, 22 May 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Max Webber Library, Level 1, Cnr Flushcombe Road & Alpha Street, Blacktown NSW (Sydney))
- Monday, 29 May 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Level One Chatswood - Help Street Room, 11 Help Street, Chatswood NSW (Sydney))
- Monday, 5 June 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Kareela Golf Club - Boardroom, 1 Bates Drive, Kareela NSW (Sydney))
- Monday, 19 June 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Russell Vale Golf Club - Meeting Room, Hicks Street, Russell Vale NSW (Wollongong))
- Monday, 26 June 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Erina Fair - Erina Centre, Terrigal Drive, Erina NSW (Central Coast))
- Monday, 24 July 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (TBA: Alexandria NSW (Sydney))
- Monday, 31 July 2017, from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm (Club Central Hurstville - Arthur Allison Room, 2 Crofts Avenue, Hurstville NSW (Sydney))
How do members and non-members participate in the Network Meetings:
- Click here to complete the Registration Form.
- Should you want to bring your fellow directors along, please add their details onto the Registration Form too.