Have you missed any of the 24 Network Meetings & Special Network Meetings held so far in 2017?
The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW reintroduced Network Meetings across Greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong where service provider members and non-members and their fellow owners and business decision-making directors can come together and discuss sector issues that impact on their childcare services, building collegial local communities of like-minded service providers.
Depending on demand, ACA NSW can conduct more Network Meetings in other cities and towns or on-line, subject to the Executive Committee’s approval.
What would be discussed at Network Meetings:
The current issues that typically would be discussed include:
- Unions' applications to increase wages by 39%-72% through their Equal Remuneration Order application
- Fair Work Commission's Review of the Modern Awards
- New recruitment service for Early Childhood Teachers and Educators (including extension of Regulation 242)
- Childcare Over-Regulation - Lobbying Government
- Update on available Government Fundings
- Preparations for Jobs for Families changes by 1 July 2018
- Problems/Impact of the NSW's Enhanced Service Approval Process
- Update on Childcare Oversupply and the new State Environmental Planning Policy
There may also be limited presentations by ACA NSW’s sponsors.
Who will typically be presenting:
- Lyn Connolly, President, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
- Chiang Lim, CEO, Australian Childcare Alliance NSW
When and Where are these upcoming Network Meetings:
- Blacktown (Western Sydney) - Monday, 16 October 2017, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm (Max Webber Library, Function Centre, Level 1, Cnr Flushcombe Road & Alpha Street, Blacktown NSW)
- Chatswood (Lower North Shore Sydney) - Monday, 30 October 2017, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm (Chatswood Library Meeting Rooms - Willoughby Room, 409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, NSW)
How do members and non-members participate in the Network Meetings:
- Click here to complete the Registration Form.
- Should you want to bring your fellow directors along, please add their details onto the Registration Form too.