2019 ACA NSW Quickies
- Are you a service provider that feels like you are time poor?
- Are there business decisions that you feel you do not have the latest information to make an informed decision?
- Is finding relevant information/training either too expensive, not at convenient times, or both?
The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW has put together a series of short but to the point presentations that help existing and new providers. The ACA NSW Quickies courses are only 2 hours and held throughout the year. They bring Approved Providers, Owners and Directors with industry-specific information, advice, tips and even “tricks”.
The current series of ACA NSW’s Quickies are:
- Help with NSW’s service provider approval process
- Maximising & managing staff performance … legally
- Secrets of what to do during A&R visits
Creating the best QIP for the “new” NQF
Ticket Prices (not for webinars)
- ACA NSW Members: $100 inc GST per person
- Non-Members: $150 inc GST per person
See below for further information, dates/times and registration options.
Help with NSW’s service provider approval process
- Did you know that as part of the Provider Application process, you need to sit a compulsory examination (ie assessment)?
- This session is designed for new and existing child care providers, who want to better understand the application process.
- We will provide invaluable tips on how to on what’s involved, how to fill in the application, and also invaluable tips on what to expect and how to pass the scenario-based assessment.
- Find out more about:
- How to prepare for the NSW Approved Provider process
- What is involved in the application process
- What to expect from the NSW Department of Education during this process
- What are the timeframes for approval
- What tips are there to pass the scenario-based assessment
- Thursday, 21 February 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW- COMPLETED
- Wednesday, 15 May 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW-
- Friday, 21 June 2019, from 12pm-2pm, online - COMPLETED
- Wednesday, 2 October 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW- COMPLETED
Secrets of the new A&R
- Everyone knows the key to success is preparation.
- In this presentation, find out the secrets to making the best impression and how to showcase the best of your service, including:
- How does this assessment and rating process work
- What happens during this process
- How to best prepare you and your team
- Know what to prepare
- What to expect on the day
- What to do when you get your draft rating and its not what you expected?
- Tuesday, 9 April 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW -
- Friday, 24 May 2019, from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW -
- Thursday, 25 July 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW - COMPLETED
Maximising & Managing Staff Performance … Legally
- This presentation provides a quick and high-level enough understanding for childcare service providers so that they may be aware of their legal obligations and to especially avoid common mistakes.
- Topics to be covered include:
- Can an employer terminate staff who post questionable images/videos of themselves on their own social media accounts?
- How to handle the now automatic obligations of employers to offer permanent employment to casuals after their 12 months?
- What rights and obligations do employers have over staff member(s) with mental health issues?
- Do a staff member’s rights to sick leave always outweigh the employer’s rights?
- Which are the best methods to performance manage under-performing employees out?
- What are the most common mistakes employers make that attract unfair dismissal claims?
- Wednesday, 6 March 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW -
- Wednesday, 5 June 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW -
- Friday, 2 August 2019, from 10am to 11:30am, online- COMPLETED
- Wednesday, 4 September 2019, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW- COMPLETED
Creating the best QIP for the “new” NQF
- What is the role of the QIP in relation to A&R?
- How extensive (or not) should the QIP be?
- Which staff member(s) should be responsible for producing the QIP?
- Are there different types of QIPs to get working towards/meeting/exceeding rating?
- How do you leverage the submitted QIP during the A&R session(s)?
- Friday, 12 July 2019, from 10am to 12pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW -COMPLETED
- Monday, 9 September 2019, from 10am to 12pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW - COMPLETED
- Friday, 1 November 2019, from 10am to 12pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW - COMPLETED