2020 Quickies: Creating the best possible QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submission
The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW has put together a series of short but to the point presentations that help existing and new providers. The ACA NSW Quickies sessions are only 2 hours or less and held throughout the year. They bring Approved Providers, Owners, Directors and Educational Leaders with industry-specific information, advice, tips and even “tricks”.
The 2020 series of ACA NSW’s Quickies is:
- Help with NSW’s service provider approval process
- Maximising & managing staff performance … LEGALLY
- Secrets of the "new" A&R
- Creating the best possible QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submission for the “new” NQF
- Multiplying Success after your first Service – The foundational elements to replicate success
- Improving Services from Fair to Fantastic
- How to always be ready for spotchecks/compliance visits
- How to ensure have best-of-class policies & documentation
- How to design the best performing centres
- Getting the CCS Application Process work for services and families
Creating the best possible QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submission for the "new" NQF
Assessment and Rating in NSW is not easy. In fact, it is inconsistent and subjective. And with the mandatory requirement by the NSW Department of Education of the use of ACECQA's Self-Assessment Tool beginning February 2020, with its content to be submitted via a new portal, maintaining and synchronising the QIP (for spotchecks/compliance visits) and the Self-Assessment Tool submission (for assessment and ratings) simply places more work and effort on services.
ACA NSW has been able to gather from the NSW Department of Education and participating services as much information as is possible to share and support services.
In this ACA NSW Quickies session, you will learn:
- What are the roles of the QIP and the Self-Assessment Tool in relation to A&Rs and spotchecks/compliance visits?
- How extensive (or not) should the QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submission be?
- Which staff member(s) should be responsible for producing and maintaining the QIP and Self-Assessment Tool submission?
- Are there different types of QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submissions to achieve Working Towards/Meeting/Exceeding the NQS rating?
- How do you leverage your QIP/Self-Assessment Tool submission during the A&R session(s)?
The 2020 sessions are as follows:
- Wednesday, 12 February 2020, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW [COMPLETED]
- Friday, 17 April 2020, from 10 am to 12 pm, via Webinar [COMPLETED]
- Monday, 22 June 2020, 10 am to 12 pm, via Webinar [COMPLETED]
- Wednesday, 9 September 2020, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, via Webinar (register here)
- Friday, 30 October 2020, from 10 am to 12 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) NSW (register here)
- ACA NSW Members: $100 inc GST per person
- Non-Members: $170 inc GST per person