2020 Quickies: How to always be ready for spotchecks/compliance visits
The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW has put together a series of short but to the point presentations that help existing and new providers. The ACA NSW Quickies sessions are only 2 hours or less and held throughout the year. They bring Approved Providers, Owners, Directors and Educational Leaders with industry-specific information, advice, tips and even “tricks”.
The 2020 series of ACA NSW’s Quickies is:
• Help with NSW’s service provider approval process
• Maximising & managing staff performance … LEGALLY
• Secrets of the "new" A&R
• Creating the best possible QIP/Self-Assessment Tool for the “new” NQF
• Multiplying Success after your first Service – The foundational elements to replicate success
• Improving Services from Fair to Fantastic
• How to always be ready for spotchecks/compliance visits
• How to ensure have best-of-class policies & documentation
• How to design the best performing centres
• Getting the CCS Application Process to work for services and families
• How to recruit staff like professional recruiters
Especially in New South Wales, part of the quality framework expected of all early childhood education and care services is the unscheduled spotchecks/compliance visits by Authorised Officers of the NSW Department of Education’s Early Childhood Directorate.
In addition to ensuring children are being cared for in safe environments, what else do these Authorised Officers look for? Is their reporting of (alleged) breaches by services always transparent and fair? Can approved providers anticipate issues well before these spotchecks/compliance visits such that Authorised Officers reinforce Meeting or Exceeding ratings at the service’s next Assessment & Rating?
This ACA NSW Quickies session is designed for approved providers and centre directors who need assistance in dealing with the Authorised Officers and the NSW Department of Education, including:
1. What are the top 10 breaches and non-compliances Authorised Officers look for?
2. What must staff do (away from the Authorised Officer(s)) during a spotcheck/non-compliance visit
3. How must staff engage with Authorised Officer(s) during a spotcheck/non-compliance visit?
4. What is the process for approved providers to challenge allegations of breach(es)/non-compliance(s)?
5. How can approved providers use a spotcheck/non-compliance visit to reinforce a (future) Meeting or Exceeding rating at their next A&R?
The live Quickies 2020 webinar sessions are as follows:
• Monday, 23 March 2020, from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm (AEST), via webinar [COMPLETED]
• Friday, 26 June 2020, from 10 am to 11 am (AEST), via webinar (register here)
• Monday, 7 September 2020, from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm (AEST), via webinar (register here)
• ACA NSW members: $80 inc GST per person
• Non-members: $140 inc GST per person