The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW has put together a series of short but to the point presentations that help existing and new providers. The ACA NSW Quickies sessions are only 2 hours or less and held throughout the year. They bring Approved Providers, Owners, Directors and Educational Leaders with industry-specific information, advice, tips and even “tricks”.
The 2020 series of ACA NSW’s Quickies is:
- Help with NSW’s service provider approval process
- Maximising & managing staff performance … LEGALLY
- Secrets of the "new" A&R
- Creating the best possible QIP/Self-Assessment Tool for the “new” NQF
- Multiplying Success after your first Service – The foundational elements to replicate success
- Improving Services from Fair to Fantastic
- How to always be ready for spotchecks/compliance visits
- How to ensure have best-of-class policies & documentation
- How to design the best performing centres
- Getting the CCS Application Process to work for services and families
Maximising and managing human beings' performances is not easy at the best of times. And Australia does have one of the world's most complicated industrial system to understand, navigate through and be in compliance with.
This ACA NSW Quickies session is designed for approved providers and centre directors who want to ensure they are aware of their legal obligations and to especially avoid common mistakes. The presentation was also cover current issues facing employers, courts, and the impact of new laws and rulings, including:
- Can an employer terminate staff who post questionable images/videos of themselves on their own social media accounts?
- How to handle the now automatic obligations of employers to offer permanent employment to casuals after their 12 months?
- What rights and obligations do employers have over staff member(s) with mental health issues?
- Do a staff member’s rights to sick leave always outweigh the employer’s rights?
- Which are the best methods to performance manage under-performing employees out?
- What are the most common mistakes employers make that attract unfair dismissal claims?
If you are an existing provider, or about to open a new service, or have just purchased a service, then this session can be of assistance to you in how you handle your employees.
The 2020 sessions are as follows:
- Wednesday, 26 February 2020, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) (register here)
- Wednesday, 10 June 2020, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) (register here)
- Wednesday, 28 October 2020, from 6.30 pm to 8.30 pm, in Parramatta (Sydney) (register here)
- ACA NSW members: $100 inc GST per person
- Non-members: $170 inc GST per person