“I'm so impressed with the ACA especially completing this day after the IECS. The effort all volunteers put into this organisation is beyond my expectations. They are true advocates for the industry. The Information I received was of extreme value. I knew exactly what to do next, Where to get extra information. Even what language to use when discussing my 'situation'. Sarah and Belinda were compassionate, understanding, clear and concise with the information they gave”
Catherine Hustler, Teddy’s Little Treasures
23 April 2018
“Mr. Chiang is very compassionate with his community service role and has taken a servant-hood position. I respect their prompt response and got my questions solved.”
Amy Tan, Glory Childcare Centre
21 April 2018
“The staff are amazing always seeking ways to help”
Nadia Choueki, Youngies Long Day Care Centre
4 April 2018
“Always been more than happy with the support given. She was very understanding and supportive. We discussed the Consent forms mentioned in the latest ECED Newsletter. Encouraged me to ring back for the latest information”
Dagmar Lekkas, Little Munchkins Pre School and Day Care
1 April 2018
“I have always received excellent service”
Janene Williams, Happy Days
26 March 2018
Benefits of Membership are immeasurable, but include:
- Advocacy & Lobbying: The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW takes a proactive role in policy matters as well as public and political advocacy. We have made and presented submissions to the Federal and NSW Parliaments and Governments, ACCC, Productivity Commission, Fair Work Commission on sector matters, and collaborate with other peak bodies where the impact of government proposals would have an overall adverse effect on our members and the early childhood education sector.
- Industrial Representation: The ACA NSW is the only organisation that NSW centre-based Approved Providers can become a member of that will represent centre-based Approved Providers in the Fair Work Commission (FWC). While we all would all love to pay our wonderful educators more money, we all know that the parents would not be able to afford the fees necessary to cover the cost of huge pay rises. Currently, unions have applied to the FWC for pay increases in the order of 39%-72% for your educators. If your business would not be able to sustain pay rises of this magnitude, join ACA NSW now.
- Member Support: Whether it is for regulatory or legislative interpretation/advice, government programme information/clarification, staff issues, policy development, assessment & rating, general business advice, or dispute resolution, ACA NSW’s Member Support Officers and staff have years of practical experience to share.
- Modern Awards & Wage Rates: ACA NSW’s Member Support Officers can assist members with information/clarification relating to the sector’s Modern Awards as well as current wage rates as deemed by the Fair Work Commission.
- Free Legal & Industrial Advice: Should ACA NSW’s Member Support Officers and staff need to provide specialist advice, members can access up to 15 minutes free legal advice as well as up to 45 minutes free industrial relations advice, with discounted rates applying thereafter.
- Industry Publications: ACA NSW Members receive Nurture Nook and the Belonging magazines, respectively containing sector information and insights that cover early childhood education development, sector issues, future business forecasts, and special/relevant supplier-related offerings.
- Policy Templates: ACA NSW members can access the templates to all mandatory policies in order to achieve minimum compliance with Regulation 168. These policy templates are updated regularly to ensure they are best-of-class and reflect any changes made to relevant legislation and/or regulations.
- Members-Only Access: ACA NSW Members are each issued their unique usernames and passwords so that they can access Members-Only information on ACA NSW’s website.
- Email & SMS Broadcasts: ACA NSW Members receive regular e-mail broadcasts including The Weekly Update, From the President and Member Alerts. Members will also receive Red Alerts by e-mail and SMS only when issues arise that are urgent and important for immediate attention.
- Network Meeting: ACA NSW conducts a minimum of 16 Network Meetings per year where members are briefed on pressing issues of the day and forums for discussion are held. Network Meetings are also held on-line in interactive webinar format particularly for regional/rural members as well as those unable to attend the face-to-face meetings.
- Discounted Training & Events: ACA NSW members are offered discounts to its organised professional development sessions and events. These include to key events including Early Childhood Education Week & Awards (formerly Childcare Week), NSW Annual Conference, Wheels on the Bus Tours, and New Owners as well as New Investors Briefing Nights. Members also receive discounts to ACA NSW’s Early Education and Care College training for Certificate III and Diploma qualifications.
- Voting Rights: Under the ACA NSW Constitution, financial members under Member Classic and Member Plus have voting rights at Annual General Meetings, Special General Meetings and General Meetings, as requested by the ACA NSW Executive Committee.
- Additional Policies, Forms, Documents: In addition to the Regulation 168 policy templates, ACA NSW’s Member Plus offers access to over 150 template policies, agreements, HR forms and checklists that can be useful to their childcare service(s). These templates are updated and expanded by specialists, and reflect any changes to legislation and/or regulations. [Member Plus Only.]
Download the 2019/2020 ACA NSW Membership Pack to read more about our member benefits, including our Membership Application Form.