Prior to the NSW State Election on 23 March 2019, the NSW Coalition Government announced that they would, in summary:
- ensure all primary schools to make their sites available to out-of-school-hours-care services (OSHCs) by 2021;
- reduce of OSHC fees by up to $225 per child per year;
- provide a rental subsidy of up to $15,000 per year per OSHC service provider;
- provide $12.5m per year for schools to buy OSHC related new equipment and expand their facilities; and
- provide $5m per year for schools to create non-financially viable OSHC services.
During July-December 2019, the NSW Coalition Government is asking parents to share their needs on before-and-after-school-care (OSHC) to help them better plan, deliver and manage services across NSW.
PUBLISHED: 4 JULY 2019