Congratulations to all the services that have been selected as Finalists for the 2019 Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards. The entries feature an extraordinary list of activities, programs and service providers from across the early childhood education and care sector. The quality and creativity of the 480 entries were outstanding with categories being keenly sought after!
Night of Nights for Early Childhood Education and Care
The 2019 Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards will be presented on Saturday evening, 26 October 2019, at the Shangri-La Hotel, 176 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, Sydney. The theme is a ‘A Night of Stars’ and guests are encouraged to come as their favourite movie star and walk the red carpet on arrival. The highly anticipated evening is close to a sell-out with only 40 tickets currently available. If you and your team are planning to attend, please book today to avoid disappointment.
Judges for the 2019 Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards
The judging panel will review (on 10 September 2019) and select the winners based on the service’s answers to the individual category criteria answers and supporting documentation. Each judge has had experience or an understanding of early childhood education.
The judges include:
- Dr Brenda Abbey – Principal, Childcare By Design
- Kristy Andrews – Director, KindyHub
- Claudia Canalicchio – Partnership Manager, Careforkids.com.au
- Rhonda Collier – NSW Manager, Childcare Concepts
- Vanessa Iakovakis – Trainer and Assessor, Early Education and Care College (powered by Kool Kids)
- Diane Lawson – Former CEO of Community Early Learning Australia, currently Managing Director, Competent Transformations
- Anmol Lohia – Centre Director, Bambini of Lilyfield
- Lisa McGhee – Managing Director, Childcare Focus
- Jessica McKinnon – Director, Jacaranda Cottage
- Marianne Wehby – Skills Engagement Executive, SkillsIQ
- Mariana Villarreal – Centre Director, Little Kingdom Education
- Alison Wharton – Director, Kindalin