The Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW is regularly in contact with Federal and State Parliamentarians as well as elected local Mayors and Councillors. Our engagements are fundamental in advocating on behalf of members' concerns and aspirations for legislative improvements and regulatory reliefs so that our member childcare service providers can offer quality and affordable early childhood education and care services for children and their parents.
The following ACA NSW Parliamentary Briefs are used to assist elected representatives and their staff in understanding the issues of concern of our members, namely:
- NSW - Overhaul the Assessment and Rating Process (24 Oct 2017)
- NSW - The SEPP is for children and bad for businesses (24 Oct 2017)
- NSW - Universal Access funding for long daycare (10 Feb 2017)
- NSW - The "Enhanced" Approval Process is a step backwards (24 Oct 2017)
- Federal - Jobs for Families Package and the need for childcare reform (21 Feb 2017)
- Federal - Universal Access funding beyond December 2017 (21 Feb 2017)
- Federal - Future of Long Daycare Professional Development Program after 30 June 2017 (21 Feb 2017
Members are welcome to use the above ACA NSW Parliamentary Briefs when they too engage with their parliamentarians and councillors.
In addition to leading delegations, ACA NSW is also known to assist members in organising and coordinating groups of members to visit their local elected representatives.
Please feel free to contact ACA NSW via 1300 556 330 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org should members need any assistance with engaging with parliamentarians and councillors.