Dear members of the Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW,
As this extraordinary situation continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to support and assist our members, your children and families, and provide the services you have come to rely on.
At the same time, we are responding as quickly as possible by changing what and how we do to keep ACA NSW’s staff and members safe and served.
We are keeping it clean & practising good hygiene
- We are asking you to continue to transact electronically with ACA NSW to avoid cash handling.
- We encourage you to continue leveraging our on-line platforms (our website and social media) to keep abreast of new information.
- If you must come to the ACA NSW office, please advise us in advance. Upon arrival, we will be recording your name, contact details and temperature while observing the social distancing protocols.
We are still happy to serve you – but at a distance
While the ACA NSW office remains open, we’re practising social distancing. Here’s how:
- Our telephone system is now cloud-based. The 1300 556 330 remains our official telephone number, but all other landline numbers no longer work. As such, calls can now be answered by on-duty ACA NSW staff regardless of whether they are in the office or not.
- All of our face-to-face events (eg ACA NSW Network Meetings, Quickies, Wheels on the Bus tours) have been either converted to on-line, deferred or suspended until further notice.
- We will increase the number of on-line events (ie ACA NSW Network Meetings and Quickies) for the foreseeable future.
- We have deferred the opening and closing of nominations of the Annual Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards until July 2020.
We are all doing our best, so please be kind and respectful as we carry on
The wellbeing of ACA NSW’s members and staff remains our priority.
Our staff are busy helping ACA NSW members receive the reasonable support and assistance they need. So, you may have trouble reaching the ACA NSW staff at this time due to the higher the normal demand. However, ACA NSW staff will respond as quickly as possible.
Together, we will get through this period
Our ACA NSW staff have done a brilliant job in continuing to serve you during this unprecedented time. Thank you for showing them respect and gratitude.
We have faced many challenges over the past few months and no doubt there are more to come. Rest assured, we are committed to providing a safe environment for ACA NSW members and staff and we're working hard to make sure we the services and information you need most right now.
PUBLISHED: 23 MARCH 2020