Members of the Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) NSW will be aware of the legal advice confirming that the NSW Department of Education's proposed star ratings cannot be legally imposed on early childhood education and care (ECEC) service providers. And the NSW Department of Education has to date not contested against ACA NSW's legal advice. That said, it is also anticipated that the NSW Department of Education will only issue their ratings in their proposed star ratings beginning 1 July 2020. So what is the alternative for NSW-based ECEC services?
- NSW Department of Education clarifies its choice to introduce its star rating from 1 July 2020 (26 May 2020)
- Legal Advice confirms NSW Department of Education has no power to impose NSW star rating beginning 1 July 2020 (18 May 2020)
- Proposed star rating [from the NSW Department of Education] will be in A3 size (3 March 2020)
- Clarification: NSW Star Rating ... not on front door (10 December 2019)
- Proposed star rating will not have majority support from childcare service providers or educators (24 November 2019)
From 1 July 2020 onwards, ACA NSW members will have access to ACA NSW's alternate ratings format that complies with the required Regulation 172. This alternate template is available via the Members' section upon login with your username and password.
ACA NSW will also offer a certified version at no cost to members. This will include a printed version with a unique certified sticker that are then mailed to members upon receiving a copy of the issued ratings from the NSW Department of Education.
Services who are not members of ACA NSW can also receive via mail their printed version and a certified sticker upon receiving a copy of the issued ratings from the NSW Department of Education at a cost of $50 inc GST.
PLEASE NOTE - SERVICES DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR EXISTING RATINGS STATEMENT
UNTIL AFTER AN ASSESSMENT & RATING CONDUCTED FROM 1 JULY 2020 ONWARDS
(WHICH THE NSW DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION WILL THEN PROVIDE
A RATINGS STATEMENT IN THEIR STAR FORMAT.)
For any further information/clarification, please contact ACA NSW via 1300 556 330 or email@example.com.
PUBLISHED: 30 JUNE 2020